How to make your sneaker laces sparkling white: Cleaning guru shares her ‘genius’ three-step trick that works every time
- Carolina McCauley’s latest cleaning tip will help get your laces white again
- The expert cleaner soaks dirty laces in only three household cleaning products
- She makes a solution of hot water, dishwashing liquid and hydrogen peroxide
A cleaning guru has shared her simple trick to make your white laces look brand new again, and it only takes three ingredients.
Carolina McCauley, from Perth, soaks her dirty laces in a solution of hot water, dishwashing liquid and hydrogen peroxide.
The organised mum-of-two often shares home styling and cleaning tips online and demonstrated the simple cleaning trick in an Instagram video.
Scroll down for video
Cleaning expert Carolina McCauley has shared her favourite method to make her dirty shoelaces white again
Before and after: The mum soaked her dirty laces in a simple solution to clean them. The laces were sparkling white after she soaked them for two hours
In her cleaning tutorial, the expert removed the laces from her white trainers, then filled a bowl with hot water, one pump of dish soap, and a 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide.
She put her laces in the bowl for two hours and when the two hours was up the water had turned grey.
She then let her sparkling white laces dry and re-laced them into her trainers.
Carolina’s followers were impressed with the cleaning tip.
‘This is so helpful,’ one mum said.
‘They look incredible!’ another wrote.
Others suggested their own favourite products to clean with.
One woman advised combining laundry detergent and bleach, another said she loves to use the green bar of sunlight soap.
Another mum said her favourite method is to put the laces in a net bag in the washing machine.
Carolina often shares her favourite cleaning and styling tips and tricks on social media
However some of Carolina’s followers thought it would be better to throw out the trainers.
‘Please toss those shoes as soon as possible,’ one woman said.
Luckily, Carolina previously shared her easy hack for making dirty white sneakers look like new again using two unlikely items.
She used a toothbrush and toothpaste to scrub her white leather and rubber trainers.
Before and After: The organised mum used a toothbrush and toothpaste to scrub the sneakers leaving them sparkling
Carolina started by squeezing a dollop of toothpaste onto the brush and scrubbing the shoes ‘from top to bottom’.
Carolina then wiped the shoes down with a damp cloth to get rid of the excess toothpaste.
She showed the dirty and cleaned shoes side by side proving the ‘amazing results’ of the simple cleaning hack.
Carolina’s top tips for clean laundry:
* Use white vinegar instead of softener for super soft clothes and linens
* Add a few drops of your favourite essential oils into the washing machine before cleaning clothes to fragrance them
* Regularly clean the interior rubber seal with a cloth to prevent mould from building up inside her washing machine
* Don’t use too much detergent
* Always wash bathroom towels separately for sanitary reasons, as bacteria can be transferred between material items
* To deep clean pillows, machine wash them with baking soda, gentle detergent, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, and eucalyptus oil